Summers season, yeah!!! It means lots and lots of juicy fruits and it’s time to indulge in some seasonal fruits like watermelon, litchis, and mangoes and their seed.
Watermelon is an incredibly hydrating fruit. It contains around 92 percent of water and is enriched with a lot of essential minerals and vitamins.
This juicy melon also contains a lot of seeds, which we generally throw after consumption. But did you know that these little black seeds are really rich in nutrition? The tiny seeds inside the huge watermelon have magical properties, scroll down to find it out!
5 benefits of watermelon seed you must know:-
1) It’s very good for your heart and it boosts immunity & good for heart patients due to the presence of magnesium.
2) Its good for diabetic patients. (Only the seeds) – it control diabetes and reduce the blood sugar level .
3) Improves the quality of hair – it strengthens the hair strands because of the presence of protein and iron. It prevents hair fall due to the presence of magnesium.
4) Relieve Constipation – fiber helps to maintain normal intestinal function and plays an effective role in relieving problems such as constipation, and watermelon seeds are full of dietary fiber. The seed contains plenty of K+ ion which maintains the water balance in our body.
5) Slow Down Aging process – the presence of magnesium might slow down cellular aging.
The ways of consuming the seeds – You can simply munch on the seeds as you eat the fruit. It’s the easiest way to consume it. Or you may eat sprouted watermelon seeds. Eating the sprouted seeds is much more beneficial for health. Else you may fry it and have it as snacks.
After reading this, I’m sure you will not waste the seeds of watermelon. Thank you.